On December 7th - 10th I am hosting a blog hop for children's and middle-grade books and I'd love it if you all join me. If you are a children's or middle-grade book author or blogger, I invite you to sign up and participate. Each of the authors or bloggers will be giving away a prize on their blogs and we will also be having a grand prize (depending upon how much money is donated) that followers can enter to win. It should be a lot of fun and it's a great way to get your children's book noticed.
If you are interested in joining the Kid's Books Holiday Blog Hop, you can go over to my Outlaw Heroes blog to read the rules and sign up on the Linky or you can do so here. Here is he information about the blog hop and the Linky sign-up below:
Holiday Blog Hop &
What you need to do:
- Add your blog's name and your blog URL address to the Linky at the bottom of the page to join in on the Blog Hop. You don't have to have a post link yet – just use your blog's URL.
- Please copy and paste the above Blog Hop button onto your blog's sidebar and connect it to the following link to promote the blog ahead of time. http://www.outlawheroes.com/p/kids-books-holiday-blog-hop.html
- Plan to give away some type of prize – a copy of the book you are promoting, gift card, bookmarks or anything that is appropriate for a kid's blog hop. It doesn't have to be expensive; it is an incentive to get hoppers to visit your blog. You are in charge of your giveaway and selecting a winner. (For the Grand Prize, see below, I'll be sending out information to you before the hop to let you know what it is so you can include it in your post.)
- Write a short post that is somehow related to kids and the holidays. It can be about how you and your family celebrate, a cute family story (Rated PG), a favorite holiday tradition – whatever you like as long as it is suitable for all ages. Please include the Blog Hop Button at the top of your post so hoppers identify your post right away. And don't forget to promote your book after the post or somehow tie it into the post. (Short promos for your book are best – if it's too long then people may ignore it completely.) Keep in mind that parents will probably be following this blog hop in order to find books for their kids as holiday gifts.
- Add the Linky Code to the bottom of your blog post so people can continue to follow the list of authors in the hop. Blogger/blogspot sites can add it right to the bottom under HTML.
<!-- start LinkyTools script -->
<!-- end LinkyTools script -->
**WordPress blogs are unable to add the Linky code so you can link back to my site page here: http://www.outlawheroes.com **
- Make sure your post is up by 10:00 AM Central Time on Dec. 7th. I will be going down the list and visiting each blog to make sure a post is up. If it isn't, I'll be deleting that blog from the Linky List so blog hoppers won't get discouraged.
- Promote your post & giveaway on all the social media sites. The Twitter hash tag we will be using for this blog hop is #KidsBlogHop. Promotion is key in getting as many people to your site as possible.
- Be sure to have your post visible in some way for the entire four days of the hop. Link it to the blog hop button or some other way so hoppers can find it.
Grand Prize Giveaway
I would love to have Grand Prize Giveaway if possible – it helps to draw in more followers to the blog hop. I'm thinking some type of Kindle or Nook – depending upon how much money I can raise. If not, then whatever money I receive will go toward an Amazon Gift Card. All comments left on all the blogs in the hop will be entered in to win the Grand Prize.
If you'd like to donate money toward the main Grand Prize, please send $5 or $10 to my PayPal account and I'll use it to buy the prize. ALL MONEY WILL BE USED FOR THE PRIZE. Use the email address: email@example.com to send money – be sure to mark it as a "GIFT" so no money is deducted as a fee. Also, mention in the comment section that the money is for the Kid's Books Holiday Blog Hop and include your name. Thanks so much!
A week before the blog I will send out an email to everyone reminding them of the blog hop and telling you what the Grand Prize will be and how the hoppers can win it.
Thanks everyone – I hope we get a big turnout of authors and hoppers for this blog hop!